Monday, March 11

Arabian Knights: Camelry

Project Arabian Knights is going on with four more riders. Since I want each knight to have a distinct look as much as possible, painting these guys seemed to take forever for me; but in the end, I am happy with how they look.

The riders and the camels are from Black Tree Design, where the bulk of my army is from. To my surprise, I found out that the riders have bows and quivers on their back. Of course that's unacceptable for such noble-borns to shoot arrows, so i had to trim the bow and arrows and hide the quivers by gluing shields on their back: Problem solved :) There are minor conversions on a couple of guys: One is the banner and the other is a simple weapon swap. The banner bit is from Reaper, and the weapon was from GW's High Elf spearmen kit. Oh, and the shields were from Mantic's Dwarf sets.

As I wrote in Damsels post, I am fairly comfortable with camels recipe right now. Applying different color schemes on each rider however, prevented me from going chinese on them. Moreover, I painted freehand desings on shields and the banner. Unless I find a better banner, he will be my BSB.

Here are some photos, hope you like them.



2 comments:

MrLee said... [Reply]

Great backdrop mate! Splendid work there! :)

Seriously though they are great, and I hate that I will say this.. but I will have to ask you how you did the sand part.. on the backdrop cause it is awesome! :)

Unknown said... [Reply]

@M R Lee
must... not... swear... :)

Post a Comment