Wednesday, June 13

Painting on the Move

"More light!"
Real life issues suck, plain and simple. I have been doing lots of traveling for almost a month now due to work and trainings. As you can guess, it takes its toll from the time I spend in my workshop. Luckily, I was quick to invent ways to paint on the move, like my good friend Mr. Lee did. As you can see from the photo on the right, I sometimes went for the extreme...

During my travels, my destination is Istanbul. The biggest advantage I had was that my company has rented an apartment in Istanbul. It is easy to customize the apartment for my needs and there are no cleaning ladies waiting to toss your stuff into trash or stash them in someplaces. Big win! Hopefully I won't be traveling for some time now though. Fingers crossed...

So anyways, I have some stuff to show you. Since I have been living a roving life, the products are also different from each other. Firstly, I have a couple of bull centaurs: A standard bearer and a musician. My eBaying skills could not earn me any command guys, I had to convert my own ones. The base model is Mantic's Abyssal Half-Breed Lord for both of the conversions, with various bits from WoC boxes. I tried glow effects on the standing stone beside the standard bearer; but you will be the judge of that.

Next, some more infantries, 5 more to be precise. Nothing fancy here, except that I placed them on a regiment base. You know that I am suffering from ranking up issues and this might just be the way to solve it in style. Also, when gaming, they generally don't die or die in droves (damn I or die spells), so it won't be much of a problem in games. I am planning on doing more of them in the future. Oh, also, I have to mention that I finally gave in and went on to buy Vallejo's Black Lava and used them on the bases of the infantries and the bull centaurs. That stuff looks -and smells- like olive paste (a very low quality one that is). I used them to provide some texture on the lava parts of the base. From the photos you can see the difference between the bases of the wolf rider and the other bases. I think i will be using that stuff from now on.

Lastly, there's a test model for Hobgoblin Wolf Raiders. No conversions there, just the good old Wolf Riders of Games Workshop. The painting schema was originally from Mr. Lee; but I modified it a little to achieve the look I was looking for. Let me know what you think...

So that's pretty much it. For those who are interested in bull centaurs, I have to tell you that Mantic's Half-Breeds are in pre-order currently. Their pricing is a steal at 2GBP/model, so I advise you to check them.

Here be photos...





0 comments:

Post a Comment