Tuesday, April 10

Battle Standard Bearer: Every Army Needs One

Here is one of my last ditch efforts to make it to the IzmirCon tournament: The BSB...

As you might already know, there are no BSB models for The Legion of Azgorh list yet. This is both a curse and a blessing as you need to convert your own mini, spending money and time in the process. But in the end it is worth it. Well, sometimes at least...

Before selecting the base model for my BSB, I considered a few options. Since the model is expected to carry a big fat banner, the most important factor here was the pose of the miniature. One of the alternatives I thought was Mantic's Abyssal Dwarf King model. Another one was Enigma Miniatures' Toktien model. For both of them, it would have been the same steps: Cut the weapon, give them the banner instead, done.

Instead I went for another miniature: Hasslefree Miniatures' Kain. With this model is the base, I went on with the same steps above for him first. Then, in an effort to "chaosify" him more, I added a couple of horns and a chaos shield from Games Workshop's bits. The banner itself is also a GW bit, of chaos knights' I believe.

I tried to to some freehand on the banner; but just couldn't make it, so left it like that. Maybe if I get a solid idea, I might get cracking and try it, who knows.

Below are some pictures, including a size comparison with Mantic's Abyssal Dwarf Immortal Guard miniature. Enjoy...

0 comments:

Post a Comment